February marks the start of our annual election cycle, which begins with nominations of candidates for group officers. As the new SEAPAX fiscal year starts April 1, now is the time to start thinking about good candidates for each open position; you can also nominate yourself. The open positions are listed below.
The process works like this: names of potential candidates need to be submitted to the present Board, by Feb. 28. Please include a brief bio or resumé, along with a short statement on why this person is qualified for the position sought and what s/he hopes to contribute to SEAPAX as an organizations. All candidates for elected or appointed offices (committee chairs are appointed) must be approved by the SEAPAX Board. Becoming an officer or committee chair is a commitment that can be both rewarding and fun. Candidates for all positions need to be able to devote a few hours a month (more when working on special events) for a 12-month period.
Open Positions for SEAPAX Officers and Committee Chairs
- Board Positions
- Vice President
- At-large Board Members (3)
- Committee Chairs
- Membership Chair receives & processes membership applications; together with Treasurer, maintains membership records for SEAPAX and on our behalf with National Peace Corps Association,
- Events Chair oversees timely planning of regular, monthly, annual, and new events; maintains group calendar; recruits members to assist with events.
- Communications Chair is a new position – sends info on events to Board, membership and to public; serves as liaison with Membership and Events Chairs, and Board.
- Peace Corps Expo Committee – Chairs are Jennifer Samnick and Joana Ramos
Committee Members for all of the above committees are also being sought. Becoming a committee member is a good introduction to getting involved with SEAPAX.
Peace Corps Expo Committee is now being formed. The May 4 PC Expo will be a very exciting opportunity for our group, and many hands are needed to help make it a success. Please let us know ASAP if you are interested in this. We need help with program planning and logistics both before and during the event. We will also need folks to offer lodging to out-of-town RPCVs coming from elsewhere in the region. Expo Committee meetings will begin in early February.
The election itself will be held online, from March 17- 29. Once again we will use an online ballot prepared by the webmaster. The new slate of officers will be announced by the end of March, and they will take office on April 1.
Please direct any questions about elections and/or committees to the board.