All RPCVs, their families and friends are cordially invited to the SEAPAX Annual Holiday Party and Potluck on Saturday, Dec. 3rd from 6:30 to 9:30 pm. We will be gathering at the home of Hilary Beam, 7559 22nd Ave NW, Seattle, WA.
Please bring a dish or drink to share. In consideration of food allergies & dietary needs of others, we ask that you please label the ingredients of your potluck dish.
Don’t forget your checkbook as you will have the opportunity to sign up or renew your SEAPAX membership and purchase 2012 International Calendars. Beer will also be available on a donation basis. Proceeds will go to our SEAPAX Grants program.
This year we are collecting gift bags & individual items for YWCA Angeline’s Enhanced Night Program, which serves homeless women who are ready to leave the streets and move forward in their lives. (See list below.) If you can’t bring something for Angeline’s, please don’t let that stop you from joining us as it’s optional.
This is an event not to be missed! We hope you will join us at this very merry party!
RSVPs encouraged on our SEAPAX Events page or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
YWCA Angeline’s Enhanced Night Program Donation List
Gift bags can include a variety of useful and fun items to encourage each woman and brighten their holidays. Gift bags should be $25-30 in value or you can donate individual items.
Fill a large, sturdy bag (the ladies love pretty, reusable bags!) with any of these types of items:
• Gift or phone cards ($5 or $10 to Bartell’s, Walgreens, etc)
• Bus tickets (to help get them to appointments)
• Compact umbrellas
• Night eye masks and ear plugs to make shelter living easier
• Fun pieces of jewelry
• Toiletry items (deodorant, disposable razors, combs, brushes, perfume, hair products–African American hair products always requested– tissues, chapstick, body spray, makeup
• Puzzle books with a pen or pencil(crossword puzzles, Sudoku)
• Daily planners or pocket calendars
• Hot tea, cider, or hot chocolate packets
• Microwaveable popcorn, granola bars, or small bags of snacks
• Your own creative ideas and touches are encouraged!
We will have a large box at the holiday party for donations. We will then either create gift bags from these items or donate the items as-is to YWCA.
• Feminine hygiene products
• Adult diapers
• Sensible shoes
• socks for adults
• and other fun little items, or anything from the ‘gift bag’ section