If you are a SEAPAX member and are interested in participating in the Grants Committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
New in 2018! SEAPAX member benefit!!! Matching Contribution Top-up to your favorite organizations. Beginning on January 1st, first come-first served.
SEAPAX would “top it up” by adding a contribution of 25% to the SEAPAX member’s contribution, up to $250 per member per year to a 501c3 organization with impact either locally or internationally in accordance with Peace Corps ideals. As such, organizations that promote cultural understanding, global education, immigration, or community services will be considered. See example.
SEAPAX is now accepting grant applications.
3 Simple Steps:
- Please read these Grant Guidelines and the SEAPAX Grant Application for details.
- Complete and submit the web application form. You may also print, scan, and email. Current PCV- you may email your PCPP link en lieu of application.
- Grants committee will contact you if more information is required.
SEAPAX Grants Guidelines
The Seattle Area Peace Corps Association (SEAPAX) offers small grants to community-based projects both in Washington State and countries around the world. We make donations to projects in two ways: in response to requests made to our Grants Committee in accordance with the procedures outlined below and through unsolicited donations recommended by the SEAPAX Board of Directors.
SEAPAX supports projects and organizations which promote cultural understanding, global education, immigrant communities, and community service projects.
Up to $500 USD per project may be allocated, taking into consideration the nature of the request and SEAPAX budget status. The Grants Committee may recommend to the SEAPAX Board to approve grants larger than $500 on a case-by-case basis.
The following factors will be considered in the assessment of each funding request:
- Feasibility and sustainability
- Community need and involvement
- Anticipated impact
SEAPAX welcomes proposals from:
- Applicants whose project is in a country where Peace Corps Volunteers (PCVs) serve and Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCVs) have served, either currently or in the past.
- Applicants who are RPCVs currently involved with an organization in Washington State.
- Applicants who have an otherwise close connection with SEAPAX.
- A current PCV who is from or will be returning to Washington State.
Other considerations for approval
- Community contribution must be at last 25% of the total budget either monetary or in-kind.
- Preference is given to projects not previously funded by SEAPAX.
- Urgent needs related to emergency relief are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Due to SEAPAX’s mission to fund community-based projects, individual student scholarships will not be considered.
- SEAPAX Bylaws state Board, committee member, or general member may submit grant applications with no conflict of interest or personal monetary gain.
- Once a grant application is submitted, the SEAPAX Grants Committee will review the application for approval.
- The SEAPAX Grants Committee will present selected grant recommendations that meet approval guidelines listed above to the SEAPAX Board electronically.
- A majority vote by the SEAPAX Board will determine final grant approval either electronically or in person.
- Once the grant is voted on and approved, the Board will authorize the Treasurer to release funds to the approved grant projects.
- The Grants Committee Chair will notify all applicants of the outcome of their request.
For RPCVs The applicant must be a SEAPAX member to request a grant. Visit home.seapax.org/join for membership information.
- The sponsoring SEAPAX member should submit a completed Grant Application.
- Matching Grant Contribution- Current SEAPAX members may request a “Top It Up” contribution of 25% to 501c3 organizations that the member chooses to support. These contributions may be up to $250 per year.
For Current PCVs The Grants Committee welcomes applications from current PCVs.
- Applicant may email the Grants Committee to submit an application.
- PCVs with a Peace Corps Partnership Project (PCPP) may email the Grants Committee en liu of the SEAPAX application including the PCPP link.