Now that 2018 is here, do you find yourself wishing you had picked up one of the 2018 International Calendars? You’re in luck! SEAPAX still has some calendars for sale, at the reduced price of just $8 per calendar. They will be available at many SEAPAX events, and are also by mail order. See the SEAPAX website for details or email email@example.com.
We still have notecard sets available at the price of $8 for 8 cards.
CALLING ALL RPCVS: SIGN UP FOR SEAPAX 2018 MLK DAY OF SERVICE OPPORTUNITY!
WHAT: SEAPAX will be teaming up with World Relief Seattle and United Way King County (UWKC) to prepare a community garden for our refugee neighbors in Kent!
WHEN: Martin Luther King Holiday, Monday January 15th, 2018, 9:00 -12:30 (morning only).
HOW: To sign up please email Josh Fliegel at firstname.lastname@example.org Write in the subject line “MLK Day 2018 Signup” and include in your email the following information: 1) your name, 2) Your neighborhood and, if you need ride or can offer a ride to this event. Your t-shirt size (S, M, L, XL, 2XL.) UWKC will be providing all volunteers with T-shirts. You will receive an automated email message from UWKC after Josh receives your email and adds you to the UWKC SEAPAX list for this event.
WHERE: Kent Washington, we will be organizing RPCV carpools for those that wish to ride share. More information available from Josh email@example.com
WHAT ELSE: World Relief Seattle’s Community Garden in Kent was created to benefit refugee, immigrant, and low-income community members seeking gardening space. We will be helping prepare it for use. Our main tasks will be cutting back blackberry bushes, weeding, cleaning out our demonstration gardens and doing general beautification of the area. World Relief Seattle will provide us all tools needed, as well as gloves, hardhats, and safety glasses, but encourages us to dress for the weather and for working outdoors. Please join us!
We would like to give a special thanks to all members who participated in our 2017 Membership Survey. We had a total of 59 respondents. Your answers and comments were very informative and will help guide the planning of SEAPAX-related activities for 2018. Results from the survey can be found here: Membership Survey Summary 2017. A brief summary of what we learned is below:
- The newsletter is the primary means by which members are accessing SEAPAX-related information followed by Facebook
- Our Yahoo Group appears to be highly under-utilized, and potentially our website too
- About 1/3 of membership is relatively inactive regarding event participation
- Members are facing challenges getting to events and of getting information about planned activities ahead of time
- Members are generally happy with the types and number of planned activities, with the exception of service events, of which we could plan more
- Social events are the clear favorite of all our hosted activities, followed by service, recreation/outdoor and advocacy events
- The majority of members are aware of our grant activities, though most are not aware of any organizations that could use a grant